The system of Windows 10’s file is one that can be used to assign permissions to particular users and groups to access folders and files on a computer. When you log in to your Windows 10 account, you get access to full control over thee folders and files that you create. These could be documents from an old account or from your current one.
It also contains files that are part of the system. You can tweak these to change and customize some features of the operating system.
If you do not have any proper permission, then Windows 10 will not let you gain access to those files.
You can find out more about services and assistance provided by various tech companies, agrtechnology is one such example of a good company.
How to gain ownership of folders and files
- Start by opening File Explorer
- Browse through and find the folder or file that you want access to
- Press Right click and select Properties
- Click the Security tab and gain access to the NTFS permissions
- Click the advanced button
- When the advanced security settings open, you need to click on the Change link, in the owner’s field.
- Then you will click on the Advanced button
- On the page that says ‘Select Group or User’, click the button labeled as, ‘Find Now’
- Then, in the search result, select the account and press OK
There are a few more steps after this. It is important to keep in mind that if you take ownership of a folder, you can go through the Replace ownership on sub containers and object option. This option is available in the Advanced Security Settings.
Through a set of instructions and a guideline, you can easily gain ownership of the right files in no time.